New York's Cooperative and Condominium Community

Habitat Magazine Insider Guide



A fire broke out early last week at a co-op on East 37th Street, leaving nearly a dozen people hurt. WABC Eyewitness News reported that the blaze "started with an unattended candle that had fallen from a table." Unattended candles, holiday decorations, heating equipment, and even deep fryers are all potential fire-starters in winter. Unfortunately for the people living in this Murray Hill co-op, a series of mistakes made a bad situation worse.

Ask the Experts

learn more

Learn all the basics of NYC co-op and condo management, with straight talk from heavy hitters in the field of co-op or condo apartments

Professionals in some of the key fields of co-op and condo board governance and building management answer common questions in their areas of expertise

Source Guide

see the guide

Looking for a vendor?